Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A bright star among us

I know I have said this before, but there are so many bright “Stars” in the UIS community. I was reminded of this again at the 2013 Employee of the Year celebration a few days ago. The event honors UIS employees who were recognized as Employee of the Month during the past year and then announces the Employee of the Year. Director of Conference Services, Carolyn Neitzke, received the 2013 award. Though Carolyn later noted in her usual modest and good-humored way, “I demand a re-count”; everyone who has worked with her knows that this award is richly deserved. Carolyn very effectively manages a high-energy, high-demand conference services operation where excellence in customer service is the expectation every day. She does so with a wonderful sense of collaboration and diplomacy. Congratulations, Carolyn and thank you so much for all that you do to enable our campus to be of service to the members of our campus community as well as to thousands of visitors that you and your staff serve each year.