Friday, April 26, 2013

Online students also participate in the life of UIS

It was a pleasure to get together last night for a "Chat with the Chancellor" event with UIS online students!  UIS has a national reputation for the excellence of our online programs and for the supportive environment that we provide for online students who are working toward both undergraduate and graduate degrees.  UIS online students this year hail from 47 U.S. states and 9 foreign countries.  I learned in our chat that many of our online students are champion "multi-taskers,"  balancing full-time jobs and families at the same time they are appreciating the access that the UIS online degree programs offer them. 

Amy and Ajay,  I'm so pleased that you will be graduating in a few weeks and hope that you will be with us for commencement!  Berni,  its great to meet a UIS student from the "Big Apple."  I'm going to be in New York City next month and I hope I can stop by the Central Park Zoo, where you work, to bring greetings from your university.  Thanks to all the online students who joined us for "Chat with the Chancellor".  Each of you is an important part of our academic community and I appreciate the feedback you provided about your experience as online students at UIS.  If you won a prize last evening,  you can anticipate receiving a package from your Chancellor next week!